Leave a comment
Feb 1, 2018, 12:00 AM
The Visiting Scholar Award is given to an investigator who seeks further experience as an independent researcher. The award provides financial support for an investigator to visit a clinic or laboratory to learn new and current techniques in exercise science and sports medicine. Click here to download the 2018 Visiting Scholar Award application.
Award requirements include:
- The applicant must be a current member of ACSM for at least two consecutive years including student status membership.
- The applicant must hold a doctoral degree (Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent).
- The visit must occur after official award notification.
- Only one laboratory may be visited.
- A written report of activities must be submitted within three months after completion of the visit.
Winners will receive:
Travel, financial support and laboratory supplies will be provided to the recipient for a period of up to six months. A maximum of $5,000 will be awarded.
DEADLINE FOR COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKET IS: February 1, 2018
NOTE: Please submit your complete application no later than February 1 even if you have not yet received an official abstract acceptance letter. Abstract acceptance will be verified internally at ACSM.
You may contact the Education Department regarding this award at Tel: (317) 637-9200, ext. 117 or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.