Feb 1, 2018, 05:00 PM
To support attendance of ACSM's Annual Meeting in Minneapolis, MN by students in the fields of sports nutrition or exercise physiology.
Two awards of $1,000 USD each will be offered.
- Eligible students will be 32 years of age or younger (as of June 2, 2018) and enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in sports nutrition or exercise physiology.
- Students must be ACSM members and registered for ACSM's Annual Meeting. ACSM will confirm candidate’s ACSM membership and Annual Meeting registration prior to review and determination of winners.
- Students must be actively involved in research and are a co-author on at least one scientific paper. A one-page Summary of Scholarly Work should be submitted which includes evidence of authorship.
- Students must be in good academic standing with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Interested candidates will apply to ACSM with their transcript from the most recent semester or other verification of GPA.
- Applicant will submit a written statement detailing their professional goals and describing how attendance at ACSM's Annual Meeting will help advance their studies (300 word limit). Evaluation of the written statement will be based on clearly defined goals related to the field of exercise physiology or sports nutrition, a stated objective for attending the Annual Meeting, and demonstration of how attendance at ACSM's Annual Meeting will help further his/her studies and/or professional development.