Benefits of ACSM Certification
Once you become ACSM certified, you'll have the opportunity to take full advantage of the wide range of professional benefits. From marketing support, research and techniques, to continuing education and additional certification, ACSM is dedicated to providing you a path forward in helping people live longer, healthier lives.
The latest fitness research and techniques
ACSM is dedicated to advancing and integrating scientific research to provide educational and practical applications of exercise science and sports medicine - in short, ACSM certified professionals strive to help people live longer, healthier lives, which means keeping up with the latest research, the newest developments, and the science behind fitness and sports medicine. Benefits include:
- Free subscription to ACSM's Certified News
- Discounts to ACSM's Health & Fitness Summit & Exposition and other
- Discounts on ACSM books and apparel
- ACSM certification blog - written for and by fitness professionals
Continuing education opportunities
Life is busy! Whether your routine is a pre-dawn training run or a late night in the lab, continuing education shouldn't be locked away and limited to a specific time or place. For your convenience, you have easy access to a variety of affordable professional development opportunities to keep your skills current and provide a simple path to renewing your certification every three years. Benefits include:
- Online continuing education courses (ACSM ceOnline)
- CEC opportunities with each issue of ACSM Certified News • In-person seminars and distance-learning webinars
- Workshops and conferences
- Article submission to ACSM publications
- CECs for teaching or lecturing
Career advancement and marketing support
Whether you're freelancing as a personal trainer, working in an established research institution, or just beginning your career as a fitness professional, ACSM wants to provide the materials, professional network, and career assets that you need in order to land your dream job, excel at serving your clients and employers, and demonstrate the value behind the ACSM certification. Benefits include:
- Access to ACSM certified identity mark
- Listing in ACSM's ProFinder directory • Reference letter
- ACSM workshops
- United States Registry of Exercise Professional (USREPS) & Fitness Association profile and membership
Discounts from our retail partners
- 50% off with prAna - as an added benefit to being certified by ACSM, we have recently partnered with prAna to offer an exclusive 50% discount to all certified professionals. prAna is a versatile, stylish, and sustainable clothing and accessories brand that you can wear during every activity, every adventure and every day. To take advantage of this offer and become part of prAna's Influencer program, simply enter "ACSM" and your ACSM ID in the ID# code field for fastest processing.
- 40% off with Pearl iZumi - ACSM is also pleased to offer a discount via our Pearl iZUMi/ACSM Fitness Professional Pro Program. With a mission to make athletes better Pear iZUMi offers a array of outdoor apparel equipped with lifetime warranties. Learn more about this offer from Pearl iZumi.
- 25% off all Polar products - Polar heart rate monitors and performance sports watches are known globally for their durability and accuracy. Their selection also includes GPS-enabled bike computers, fitness and running watches, as well as heart rate monitors and performance trackers. Polar products are designed for any activity ranging from swimming, cross-training and yoga to tracking your daily activity and calorie consumption. Use code "ACSM" (valid in the US only).
- Insider access on 300+ brands - As an elite expert in your industry, you are one step closer to receiving insider access to hundreds of the world's top brands. ACSM has partnered with Experticity to invite you to join the largest network of influencers, where you will enjoy exclusive, experts-only rewards from brands like Cellucor, Ogio, New Balance, Hydro Flask, Skullcandy, and many more. Get certified now to find out how to join.
- Protect Yourself with Professional Liability Insurance - Not carrying liability insurance is a huge risk. A single lawsuit has the potential to bankrupt your business. ACSM, together with our insurance partner Forrest T. Jones, offers our certified fitness professionals an affordable, flexible Professional and General Liability insurance program that will provide comprehensive coverage for professionals nationwide.
· Choice of liability limits up to a maximum $2 million per claim / $4 million aggregate per year.
· Claims-made policy form covers acts or omissions that occurred since the policy's inception and resulted in a claim during the policy's effective period, provided there have been no gaps in coverage.
· Coverage enhancements include: limited defense for sexual assault allegations; bodily injury and property damage due to performance of your professional duties.
Learn more about this offer from Forrest T. Jones.