ACSM/ACS CET Workshop Information
The ACSM/ACS Certified Cancer Exercise Trainer Two-Day Workshop is a blend of classroom lecture and hands-on practicum designed to help prepare you for the certification exam, as well as provide you with exercise testing/training techniques specific to work with this population.
The workshop includes a high level review of common cancer types and cancer biology; the immediate and long term effects of cancer treatment including lymphedema; exercise programming; fitness and psychological assessments and techniques; a review of the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) of the Certified Cancer Exercise Trainer; and a forum for the acquisition of new knowledge and skills that will help you effectively work with cancer patients. The workshop will also touch on the business-related aspects of this type of work that can help you be successful.
Workshop Fee: $275
2-Day Workshop Schedule
Day 1: 1:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Day 2: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Workshop participants should come to the workshop in exercise clothing and appropriate footwear for activity.
Note to Candidates
- Workshop and webinar costs do not include the cost of the exam or study materials.
- Review of study materials prior to workshop or webinar attendance is recommended.
- The workshops and webinars are not intended to provide the full experience and knowledge necessary for ACSM certifications.
- Workshop and webinar attendees can earn ACSM CECs for attending; however, these CECs can only be used for existing certifications.
- Please register early. Workshops will be cancelled 5 days prior to the event if there is low enrollment at the time.
- No CECs can be earned for ACSM certifications prior to becoming ACSM certified.
How to Register
- Find your preferred workshop and location here (many are listed near the bottom of the page).
- Once you are on the preferred workshop page, ACSM members should look for a Login button, non-members should click on the Sign Up button, and non-members who would like Member pricing should click on Join ACSM.
- Please call (317) 637-9200 with any questions.
Review the Workshop cancellation policy.
"Took your workshop a few weekends ago. The test was a grinder but I passed with a 652. A lot of that had to do with the workshop. Thanks again for all your hard work on that. I felt the Workshop was VERY helpful." - Scott Sekelsky