ACSM GEI Workshop Outline and Additional Information
The objectives for the ACSM GEI Workshop include:
- Improve understanding and competence with the fundamentals of group exercise instruction
- Improve the quality of leadership skills through effective mastery of leadership techniques including; presentation style, coaching and communication techniques, and methods of correction and feedback
- Learn the basic fundamentals of physical movement and choreography to develop effective and enjoyable classes for participants
- Become competent with the fundamentals of kinesiology as it applies to the development of effective exercises for inclusion in classes
- Become comfortable and competent with presentation of an effective group exercise class
Workshop Fee: $275
Two-Day Workshop Schedule:
Saturday 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sunday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
The two-day GEI Workshop is worth 17.0 ACSM CECs.
Workshop participants should come to the workshop in exercise clothing and appropriate sneakers for group exercise.
Pre-workshop webinar: A 2-hour pre-recorded session to be reviewed prior to attending the workshop. The link for the webinar will be sent upon registration, and will be available for 6 months. This pre-workshop webinar will be called "Exercise Science and Kinesiology for the Group Exercise Instructor."
Note to candidates:
- Workshop and webinar costs do not include the cost of the exam or study materials.
- Review of study materials prior to workshop or webinar attendance is recommended.
- The workshops and webinars are not intended to provide the full experience and knowledge necessary for ACSM certifications.
- Workshop and webinar attendees can earn ACSM CECs for attending; however, these CECs can only be used for existing certifications.
- Please register early. Workshops will be cancelled 5 days prior to the event if there is low enrollment at the time.
- No CECs can be earned for ACSM certifications prior to becoming ACSM certified.
How to Register
- Find your preferred workshop and location here (many are listed near the bottom of the page).
- Once you are on the preferred workshop page, ACSM members should look for a Login button, non-members should click on the Sign Up button, and non-members who would like Member pricing should click on Join ACSM.
- Please call (317) 637-9200 with any questions.
Review the Workshop cancellation policy.
"I wanted to thank you again for leading such a great course a few weekends ago. You really helped me feel like I had such a better grasp of what was going on. I was able to go home, REALLY hit the books hard, and I passed my test a few days before Christmas! Great Christmas present! There is no way I could have passed the test without your course. Thank you!" - Katie Stevens
"Just wanted to say thank you for all your effort in Nashville. You taught a great class and it definitively was beneficial for me." - Stephen Jaser