Make a Difference. Join the Leading Team.
Want to give others the guidance and strength to lead a healthy lifestyle? With an ACSM certification you will make an impact on the lives of others.
Be a powerful leader and promote physical activity in public health. The ACSM/NPAS Physical Activity in Public Health Specialist (PAPHS) engages key decision makers at the national, state or local level. A PAPHS conducts needs assessments, plans, develops and coordinates physical activity interventions. A PAPHS is also called upon to provide leadership, develop partnerships and advise local, state and federal health departments on all physical activity-related initiatives.
Prepare For Your Exam
ACSM offers four study books that will provide candidates with the utmost area knowledge, including preventative rehabilitation and the latest science behind exercise testing and prescription. Invest in all four for full-spectrum comprehension and practice quizzes.
- Foundations of Physical Activity and Public Health / $76.00 ($40.00 eBook)
- ACSM's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription / $45.99
- ACSM's Resource Manual for Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription / $77.99
- ACSM's Resources for Clinical Exercise Physiology / $66.99
PAPHS Workshops and Resources
ACSM is dedicated to providing materials for all learning styles. In addition to study books ACSM also offers a PAPHS online course to accommodate candidates' individual lifestyles. Choose your own setting; set your own time commitment.
- Preparing for the PAPHS Exam
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Competency Areas/Exam Blueprint
- Optional Resources
ACSM tests are scheduled through Pearson Vue, an organization that administers more than 5,000 computer-based testing centers throughout the world. Oncte you are ready to schedule your exam at one of several testing centers, follow the link below to visit the Pearson site to find you preferred date and location. New visitors will have to make an account with Pearson before scheduling. If you have any questions, you can contact us at: 800-486-5643. For questions directly related to your exam scheduling, please call Pearson at 888-883-2276.
Frequently Asked Questions
General Certification Questions
- What is the best certification for me?
- What is the Code of Ethics for ACSM Certified Professionals?
- I am a NIRSA member. Do I get discounts with ACSM?